- Watch this 6.5 min video about the distribution of wealth in US. It provides some interesting data for thought and conversation.
- Found a couple of new blogs recently with a focus on infographics. Check out I Love Charts and This is Indexed.
- Jessica Hagy illustrates for us How to Be More Interesting (In 10 Simple Steps). My wondering is how we might use simple graphics in the classroom. How might we get students (or colleagues) to think beyond text?
- In my online coaching course we used 6 Word Stories as part of introducing ourselves and building trust. This is an activity I will be using again – for getting to know folks and perhaps for formative assessment. Today I found 3 Word Stories.
- Mind/Shift, the education blog from KQED (an NPR station) seems to have lots of interesting stories. This latest one – Creating Classrooms We Need: 8 Ways into Inquiry Learning – provides 8 steps from Diana Laufenberg’s recent TED Talk. Ideas 1-5 were of particular interest to me.